Comment on page
Adding dbt to your decube connections helps you monitor your transformations via our Data Quality model and see metadata on your dbt models and jobs directly synced to the Data Catalog.
From the My Account page, select on the dbt tile to be brought to the dbt connection form.
An API Key and an Account ID is required to connect to your dbt Projects.
We'll need two credentials to connect to your dbt account:
- 1.Account ID
To get your Account ID, you can refer to the numbers at the end of the
accountspath component of the URL (
- 2.API Key
To get your API Key, please read on to the next section to generate your service token for your dbt account.
- 1.Log into your dbt account. From the Dashboard, click on Account Settings.
Click on the Account Settings on the top right of the dbt Dashboard.
- 2.Within Account Settings, find the setting for Service Tokens on the left sidebar.
Find Service Tokens in the Account Settings.
- 3.Within the Service Tokens section, click on
+ New Token.
Add a new token under the Service Tokens section.
- 4.Within the
New Service Tokenpage, you can set any token name, such as "decube". Then, click on the
Give a name and add the permissions.
Job Adminand add all the Projects that you would like to connect decube with. Then, click on
Saveand the bottom right.
Setting the correct permissions for the Service Token.
- 6.A token will be generated. Use the
Copybutton to copy the token into your clipboard.
Copy the Service Token.
- 7.Insert the Service token that you've copied into the "API Key" of the connection form, then test the connection. If it is successful, you can now add the name and submit the connection.
If there is any issues or questions related with connecting your data sources, please reach out to us via our Live chat for support.