Here's where we let you know what's new on decube.
- New integration with dbt, supporting new asset types such as data jobs, data runs, virtual tables etc.
- New incident type, job failures has been introduced.
- Schema tab added, users can now add tags and classifications to fields.
- Field stats added, users can now query their datasets and find out some statistics on each field. Also integrated the data quality incidents into this view.
- A new look to the Data Quality and Dashboard page, with new asset icons.
- Fixed a bug where Intercom is still recognizing the user when user is logged out automatically.
- User is now directly correctly to the filtered incident types in the Data Quality page from notifications.
- Incident graph in Data Quality main page are now bar charts!
- For Google Big Query and Snowflake connections, you can now add Volume and Freshness monitoring without a metric time selection.
- For all sources, you can now use
datecolumn as a metric time column. Adding a
datetype column would restrict your scan frequency selection to
- Monitoring for schema changes is now enabled on all tables by default. You will just need to let us know if you'd like to receive notifications by toggling the notification within the Asset Details.
- UI improvements on the Bulk Table Config and Asset Table Config for better user experience, such as updated icons for metric time selection and descriptive placeholder texts. Also added clearer tooltip for users to be aware of the pre-requisite to select the metric time before a field monitor can be added.
- Lots of bug fixes and improvements made on the Data Quality engine for better reliablity and flexibility.
If user becomes inactive, after some time the cookie will expire and user will be redirected to the log-in page. Logged in user who is actively using the application will have user session automatically extended.
- Sign-up and sign-in pages have been updated to be more responsive and make the sign-in process smoother.
- We are now supporting your organization via Intercom! Drop us a message via the bubble on the bottom right if you need any help.
- The UI for adding and modifying monitors has been updated.
Fixed new data recon: Scheduled run period not submitting when user did not interact with the dropdown.
- For Google Big Query connections, you can now specify which schemas are to be scanned into decube.
- If you previously had connected GBQ, you can now go to My Account and modify the connection and unselect the schemas that you would not like to include. These schemas will be removed on our next collector run.
- You can also opt to not automatically add new schemas in the future when they are detected by our collector by selecting your preferred option.
- Don’t like the name that you used while signing up? You can now update it via the Update Profile tab on My Account.
- You are now able to add Owners (data owner and business owner) to an asset. For now, tags on tables will be unavailable as we are improving this functionality to add the tags directly on the field level such as PII, Sensitive tagging which is coming very soon.
- You can now save time by updating your table-level tests (Freshness, Volume, Schema drift) from the Data Quality page directly.
- The incident details graph has been improved to show the min/max of the Expected vs the Actual for Volume graphs.
- Our docs has been updated for easier navigation to specific connections and features.
- Fixed the count of data sources on filter selection when data sources were disabled.
- Fixed behavior of custom monitors lists so that it does not show lists of other tables.
User will need to accept the disclaimer on the Table Overview (which is an opt-in only feature) before the profiler is ran.
- Bug fixes on the UI on the Dashboard and the bulk selection.
There is now a sorting logic on the Bulk Table Configuration so that monitored tables appear on the top of the list followed by selections with metric time. This helps you to be able to see configure your tables easily.
- Plans & Billings page under My Account now shows the usage limit according to the plan the organization is subscribed to.
- UI fixes across the app such as truncating long asset names and rephrasing for a better user experience.
Creating a new data recon now shows loader when operation is running. If a recon job is not successful, a failure state will be shown.
A new connector to Snowflake has been added. Users can now add Snowflake as a new data source under the My Account page.
- When creating a new Data Recon, you can now search for your tables that you would like to use.
- When there are no incidents yet to be shown on the dashboard, we now have a more descriptive text on the UI.
The Lineage UI has been enhanced with a cleaner look and new icons.
- Disabled data sources now do not show inside data sources selection.
- Incidents list within Table details have been fixed.
Fixed issue in Bulk Table Configuration where selections were not able to be viewed when there are many metric time selections.
- Catalog has been enhanced with new icons and filtering for search functionality.
- User can now add new monitor directly from the Data Quality page.
- Get support via live chat on the bottom right of our page.
- Custom SQL monitors can now be added:
- User will be able to add Custom SQL scripts to write specific tests cases as monitors.
- Monitors page within Table details has been updated to support custom monitors which has user-defined names and descriptions.
- Fixed issue where more tables and incidents were not loaded when scrolling to the bottom of the page in the Dashboard and Data Quality.
- Fixed issues on Data Recon page.
- User are now able to use Bulk Table config feature to do bulk selection on multiple metric time columns. This new feature can be accessed via the Catalog.
- Users will be required to configure their tables’ metric time columns and monitoring before enabling table-level and field-level tests. Switching on monitoring for a table enables all table-level tests to be on by default.
- Schema/dataset name has been added to new data recon selection.
- Incident debug messages have been improved.
- Adding tags to assets, schema drift and table config overlay issue with metric time selection have been fixed.
- Removed error logs on console to prevent info leaks on logs.
- Ensure users are not able to log in after deactivation of account.
- User management
- Admin able to change user roles of other users (
adminand vice versa).
- Admin able to revoke invites of users who are
pending sign up.
- Admin able to deactivate/re-activate other users.
Safari users facing issues with UI freezes on certain pages with loading functionality which was fixed with his hotfix.